Original Tunes Contest 09: Dungeon

Theme: Dungeon
Deadline: 2018-01-28

About the theme… Either by choice or being forced to, we are finding our way through a dungeon. It is dark, it might even smell bad, and the atmosphere is hostile. Whatever the danger in here is, it is not confronting us directly, yet…

Every music style is welcome, you can make 8bits musics, orchestral arrangements, live recordings, electronic music… As long as it fits the theme, everything is allowed!

To enter your song must be an original creation of your own made specifically for this contest.
You can upload your songs on youtube, soundcloud or any other place that allows the listening without having to download it.

Your song must be 1 minute long MINIMUM.

At the end of the month, during 2 or 3 days people will vote to elect the best entry (voting info provided later on).

Good luck.

Last Theme: Pause/Loading

2 Likes

Heyo people, do you think we should share the contest in r/gamemusic to see if anyone else want to participate? Or do we prefer to keep it small and chill?

I’m all for sharing (but don’t wanna do marketing myself). The amount of people doesn’t complicate book keeping for me too much, I’ve automated the calculations for the most part.

You could do that. On the previous forum, I tried to generate some interest from people on the ocremix and newgrounds forums, but didn’t get anyone. Not sure how many people on that subreddit compose, could only find one submission on the Original Work section.

Some other subs to post to may be:
r/gamecomposers
r/GameMusicComposition
r/mediacomposing

Great theme, will give it a try and hope I get some inspiration.

Hello! This is my first time here. I heard about the contest on reddit so I decided to give it a try. Here is my submit https://soundcloud.com/yulomax/dungeon-theme-fog-of-fear-loop-wav-contest/s-4j6RT It is a Dark Ambient Theme and it was made in a way that can be looped Seamlessly. If you want to hear the theme Looped there is a download option there in soundcloud. I hope you enjoy it! (or fear it ;))

1 Like

Cool! Towards the end of the month we’ll give and receive comments and to see what we’ll do for next month. It might be a bit quiet while people work on their submissions.

So do check back later on!

Sure! :thumbsup:

Welcome new person!

For my dungeon I imagined a cave, where dripping water and your footsteps are the only sounds you hear. All the light come from some light blue-ish luminescent crystals.

1 Like

Heyy!

I tried to make something that would play while exploring the ruins of an ancient civilization that disappeared a long ago. It’s meant to be both beautiful and melancholic at the same time, giving a sense of past glory that is now lost… in other words a pretty bad cliche :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I wanted to avoid the usual “spooky dungeon with monsters lurking around” feeling.

e/ reupload cause wanted to change one note

1 Like

Hey, every month I make a SoundCloud playlist with all the entries, but I can’t add private tracks to it. If you want to be on the playlist just set the track to public and let me know! (If you don’t is fine, of course, you’re absolutely free :slight_smile: )

I changed the privacy of my track and Thank you!

https://soundcloud.com/sharp-rain-music/dungeon-of-the-hopeless here is my entry :smiley:

1 Like

Hi everyone! First time poster here.

I was hoping to enter this contest to brush up on composing so I’d like to submit this piece https://soundcloud.com/mairiba/dire-depths-original-composition

It’s designed to loop hence the fadeout but I hope I’m managed to give an impression of this month’s theme.

2 Likes

The Pixel Mixers are in the place!

More fresh faces! Welome @argyulo and @Mairiba. Everybody seems to be finishing quickly this month. I’ve come up with some basic ideas for a dungeon theme and a boss theme.

I think the next theme should be Boss Battle as a follow up to the dungeon. So you guys might want to start thinking of ideas for that song, even though it’s not until next month.

I’d love it, I want to develop the dungeon theme I made into epic boss battle :smiley:

amazing! reminds me of the necrohol of nabudis from ff12

1 Like

Oh no, the evil boss has kidnapped the only person in the town who knows how to tone back the reverb & delay knobs, and the world is at risk! Into the infamous “broken tombs” we go!

Lots of different noises done with my steel string, and some recorder thrown into it. Piano and clarinet are the only VST this time. I think I put too much stuff in there in the end…

1 Like