Original Tunes Contest 11: Icy Region

Theme: Icy Region (ranging from a shelf in the freezer to vast glaciers)
Deadline: 2018-03-28

About the theme… To fit the season, the theme has everything to do with cold, ice, snow, and so on. Although I wrote region in the theme, a blizzard as inspiration would do just as well. Main point is that the tune should express the cold circumstances and environment.

Every music style is welcome, you can make 8bits musics, orchestral arrangements, live recordings, electronic music… As long as it fits the theme, everything is allowed!

To enter your song must be an original creation of your own made specifically for this contest.
You can upload your songs on youtube, soundcloud or any other place that allows the listening without having to download it.

Your song must be 1 minute long MINIMUM.

At the end of the month, during 2 or 3 days people will vote to elect the best entry (voting info provided later on).

Good luck.

Heeey congrats to @Mairibafor his victory on the previous contest! :smiley:

1 Like

Here’s my entry : https://soundcloud.com/florian-decros/a-frozen-forest
Had to make it in a hurry, i’m pretty busy for the next months.

Wow, another fast entry by floflo, pretty nice sounding too.

a shelf in the freezer

hah, you ever play Army Men?

Wow… I actually have, but didn’t remember! Nice find!

Hello all, first time entry here.

Hope you like it!

2 Likes

This is so adorable!

Hello everyone, first time for me as well.
I tried a minimalistic/glitchy approach to the snow theme.
I hope you like it!

Hey welcome! This is really good! :o

Hello everybody!
Here’s my track: Along a Snowy Trail

Everyone’s tracks are sounding great!

Okay here’s my first ever submission here. Been working on it for about a week or so.
A little different. Imagine a hidden base/mine/factory hidden in the frozen wastelands. Still using some icy instruments and an icy feel, but with an industrial theme, idunno.

https://soundcloud.com/feraluce/vallis-glacia

Hey guys, here is my entry. I hope you enjoy it :slight_smile:

Well, here’s a quick one

I really like this one. It’s pretty foreboding with just the right amount of mystery.

1 Like

So many good entries… voting is gonna be hard :o

Here’s mine \o/

I imagined a situation where a group of adventurers has just started a long journey into a distant land covered in ice and snow where no one has ventured before. What lies ahead?

Wonderful!

Here is my track!

I went with something that sounds like a vast space, a bit melancholic, but pretty. I pictured a lone traveler trekking through a cold landscape, stopping at some point to gaze at the northern lights above.

1 Like

amazing, I really like the atmosphere of this one :slight_smile:

Hey guys, I’ve managed to get some time to do my entry for this contest: It’s more of a theme for a winter village. It’s something along the lines of cheery and christmassy but I’ve made every effort to make it sound fitting to an icy environment. https://soundcloud.com/mairiba/hohouho-village-a-theme-for-a-winter-village-original-composition