Original Tunes Contest 21: Lost

Theme: Lost
Deadline: 2019-01-29

About the theme… Through one mean or another, we are lost, and have to find a way to get back on track.

Every music style is welcome, you can make 8bits musics, orchestral arrangements, live recordings, electronic music… As long as it fits the theme, everything is allowed!

To enter your song must be an original creation of your own made specifically for this contest.
You can upload your songs on youtube, soundcloud or any other place that allows the listening without having to download it.

Your song must be 1 minute long MINIMUM.

At the end of the month, during 2 or 3 days people will vote to elect the best entry (voting info provided later on).

Good luck.

Top voted track from last contest - “A New God Arises”:

1 Like

And sorry for the late thread, I’ve been piped with work and studies and was overthinking the next theme idea, but ultimately just throwing it at the bottom of my priority list :racehorse:.

Sharing this a bit, hope to get some ppl ^^

Not much time, gotta go fast, this fits the theme if not just for how lost I was when I was writing it.

There are many odd time signature changes and the different lines never quite align, the idea is to give a very simple melody for the listener to latch onto so that I can screw up expectations moving the timing of the notes. I added Belial motif (from previous months) creeping in the background, but 8x slower and only catches up at the end.

Also went for that happy cheerful feel characteristic of my writing.
Cheers.

1 Like

Really nice 1st entry =)

Been sick and abroad, delaaaaaaaays.

I won’t be able to participate in this one (that’s probably very obvious xD), but I should be able to join in on the next one. :wink:

I finished my 4 beat loop I did earlier this month:

Vote!
Roast me! Or Danilo.

We’ll fast track this one to the goal for the sake of next month!

ok, this time was very very difficult ranking all the entries, so here’s my top 1:

1st place: Ava

I vote just Danilo, others were no good.

1. Danilo
  2. Avaruussaha

I think Danilo’s track conveys the feeling of “lost” better here, especially the sound choices.

Hope to be able to make something for next month!

1st: Danilo
2nd: Ava-chan

Danilo wins.

This means War!

1. Danilo
  2. Ava

Sry i’m late :’(