Original Tunes Contest 22: War

Theme: War
Deadline: 2019-02-25 (short month eek!)

About the theme… This time around we are working with triumph and power. This could be about preparing for war, something to accompany an active operation, or whatever you twist it into.

Every music style is welcome, you can make 8bits musics, orchestral arrangements, live recordings, electronic music… As long as it fits the theme, everything is allowed!

To enter your song must be an original creation of your own made specifically for this contest.
You can upload your songs on youtube, soundcloud or any other place that allows the listening without having to download it.

Your song must be 1 minute long MINIMUM.

At the end of the month, during 2 or 3 days people will vote to elect the best entry (voting info provided later on).

Good luck.

Here’s mine after a long participation break

My idea was to compose a track that would depict the determination of a nation getting ready for war and also include a more calm section, promising a time of peace and prosperity.

2 Likes

Really good work,I’m impressed. Good luck with the contest.

Here’s my track:

I went with a battle focused track for my War theme. I imagined the beginning of a huge siege of a city after a long stand off between both sides. The steady forward march of soldiers, siege towers and catapults being pulled towards the walls, accompanied by the beat of pounding drums and deep manly war chants.

Looking forward to listening to more entries!

1 Like

@A_robot Thanks, I’m pretty happy with how it turned out despite I had to rush it a bit.

Awesome track Tyler, love the percussion and the chants

1 Like

I’m going to try to have mine submitted by the end of Wednesday/Thursday. I lost track of time :open_mouth:

Here we are: Sensou. It’s not as polished as I would like for it to be, but it’s still relatively decent.

I’m either doing something today, or ending my participation streak at 13 or something months… I’m having trouble with this one :hamster:.

Edit: 16 months… oh my

You can do it! I have confidence in you! :slight_smile:

All thanks to Lloyde’s encouragement, I made it!

Literally from idea to render in 1h50m, the power of copy-paste!

1 Like

Aaaand since its already 3 days past deadline, I’m gonna start the voting process right now!

Put all the entries (minus yourself) in preferred order, which one do you see the best fit for the chosen theme?

All very good tracks! It’s challenging to decide (they all fit perfectly)! It doesn’t help that I’m a bit sleep deprived at the moment xD

The JRPG-inspired themes are singin’ to my heart!

1st: Under Siege by Tyler Cunningham
2nd: A Promise of Peace by Tremendouz
3rd: To War by Avaruussaha

Here’s my vote!

1. Tyler Cunningham Music - Under Siege
  2. Lloyde Sorrow - Sensou
  3. Avaruussaha - To War

It was fun to participate, such a cool theme. Hope to see you this month!

1. Tremendouz - A Promise of Peace
  2. Tyler Cunningham Music - Under Siege
  3. Lloyde Sorrow - Sensou
  4. Avaruussaha - To War

Sorry for the delay ^^

Great tracks all around fellas:

1. Tremendouz - So medieval-ish, right up my alley, loved it! Felt like a call to arms, with men rushing to the blacksmith and suiting up in their armor and heraldry. Those horns really sound great and definitely steal the show!
  2. Lloyde Sorrow - Awesome composition. I especially enjoyed the section at 0:38-:050. Overall a really nice track that kept getting more and more interesting.
  3. Avaruussaha - Sounds like a marching tune for an 18th century army, nice woodwind and horn work!

Looking forward to the next theme!

cough, cough. Oh, my. Please do excuse me. :smirk:

Aha, I knew I had forgotten something… Sorry!

My picks:
3rd: Tremendouz
2nd: Lloyde
1st: Tyler

I hadn’t listed to any of these before now, and all three kinda blew my mind… I’m glad I didn’t listen to these before making mine :sweat_smile:. The only reason Tyler inched to 1st was that maybe the overall feeling was a bit more game-fitting, whereas Lloyde has the scene “ending” with the final part (although it was easy to imagine a drumroll starting the track from beginning, so a bit weak reasoning).

And for conclusion, sorry for lacking the regular point tally, I have to figure out some better way for this year and haven’t got to it yet:

Tyler gets the first spot (1st x3 + 2nd x1)
Tremendouz sits at second
Lloyde third
Avaruussaha fourth