Original Tunes Contest 23: Quirky Character Theme

Theme: Quirky Character Theme
Deadline: 2019-03-29

About the theme… This time we are looking for a character theme, and the character in question is a bit off from the overall theme of the surrounding game. Or the character just is an oddball and has a theme to fit. Just make it a bit strange…

Every music style is welcome, you can make 8bits musics, orchestral arrangements, live recordings, electronic music… As long as it fits the theme, everything is allowed!

To enter your song must be an original creation of your own made specifically for this contest.
You can upload your songs on youtube, soundcloud or any other place that allows the listening without having to download it.

Your song must be 1 minute long MINIMUM.

At the end of the month, during 2 or 3 days people will vote to elect the best entry (voting info provided later on).

Good luck.

Previous victor (War) was Tylercunningham:

I have an idea, and working on it… Nevermind the deadline :sneezing_face:

I had something really strange at first, but kept changing things because it didn’t sound too good… ended up with something not weird in the end. But anyway:

The character is overtly dramatic about everything, and knows no middle ground between moping and joy. Hence, maybe, quirky?

1 Like

voting will be hard… X)

1 Like

FYI: I’m gonna continue with a new thread in May - I’m stuffed with things to do right now.

Feel free to participate in this one, post suggestions on what might inspire you theme-wise in the future, or banter. I’ll be around!

I’ve got a little something in the works for this one. I’ll make it’s submitted before May.
I’m surprised that you’re the only one to enter this one xD

Here we are!

This is pretty sweet!

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Alright, let’s get some comments for the two tracks then. Showdown between me and Lloyde!

Which entry fits your idea of a “Quirky Character Theme” more? Go!

I’ll try to kick off the new theme quite fast when we get over May Day.

Closing this one out, in our hearts we are all winners!

@Llode: Nice, it really gives a feel of curiosity and innocence. The more serious/grim the surrounding setting would be, the more matching this one would obviously be for the “quirky character”.

@Myself: I was quite amused when I play my track to my mother, as her impression of what kind of a character is in question almost perfectly matched my idea even before I made my composition (overly dramatic / theater troupe character who swings from dramatic to tragic and generally acts on a whim).

1 Like