Original Tunes Contest 24: Rain

Theme: Rain
Deadline: 2019-05-29

About the theme… We just had snowfall where I live (in May… please…), and normal rain as dessert, so I went with this idea; “rain”. A place where it always rains, or when it (predictably) happens, has some particular significance. The rain could be a blessing, or a curse (healing rain… acid rain?), or just the major factor of the thematic atmosphere of the location.

Every music style is welcome, you can make 8bits musics, orchestral arrangements, live recordings, electronic music… As long as it fits the theme, everything is allowed!

To enter your song must be an original creation of your own made specifically for this contest.
You can upload your songs on youtube, soundcloud or any other place that allows the listening without having to download it.

Your song must be 1 minute long MINIMUM.

At the end of the month, during 2 or 3 days people will vote to elect the best entry (voting info provided later on).

Good luck.

2 Likes

cricket sounds accompanied by rain

Sorry I haven’t been able to participate these last few months; grad school and my job have been kicking my ass, but with the semester being over for the former, I should be able to partake in some more this summer!

Not sure whether this one’s still happening considering it’s 2 days past the deadline, but if I may have some input on future themes - I’d love to see more centering around specific states of gameplay (overworld, racing, etc.) or locations (inn, ocean, etc.), especially really archetypal ones. I know we had 2 votes for Space one time, something like that could be pretty fun to write for

Yess, crickets.

I’m working overtime past two weekends so that kinda ruined my plans to chip in. I do have a base prepared so I’ll get to this eventually…

I’m planning on joining in on the next one, looking forward to getting back participating consistently.

So are we uh, doin another of these? :smiley:

Some more specific theme requests (that I’ve been looking for an excuse to write), if you’d like:

• Throne room/royal court theme (if we want to leave it broad, “royalty”, etc.)
  • Factory/workshop theme

Uhuh, I think I’ll open up one for June-July… My workload hasn’t gotten any smaller since my last post :smiley:

I kinda fancy the Royal Court idea, and it hasn’t been done before in the history of this concept I think. I’ll see if the discord regulars are interested in mentioned options (space, royal/throne, factory/workshop) before I proceed.