Original Tunes Contest 26: Respite

Theme: Respite
Deadline: 2019-09-20 extra time, let’s try to have the whole process over by the end of September!

About the theme… A moments rest in a safe harbor, a respite from the danger and stress has been earned one way or the other. This time we are looking for something fairly soothing and hopeful as our theme.

Every music style is welcome, you can make 8bits musics, orchestral arrangements, live recordings, electronic music… As long as it fits the theme, everything is allowed!

To enter your song must be an original creation of your own made specifically for this contest.
You can upload your songs on youtube, soundcloud or any other place that allows the listening without having to download it.

Your song must be 1 minute long MINIMUM.

At the end of the month, during 2 or 3 days people will vote to elect the best entry (voting info provided later on).

Good luck.

Last threads most voted:

1 Like

I found this to be a fun little project on the side, still figuring out how this music program works but this is my contribution to this competition this month.

Welp, I certainly dropped this pretty hard, lol. Had some ideas that I thought I’d still have time to work on despite grad school starting back up, but ended up getting really sick and falling behind. Might still try to flesh it out but don’t postpone for my sake

On hold for now - have to prioritize others things right now.

Uses Pheonix Down

And what a respite it has been!

Just moved to a new apartment a week ago, and overall a bit less busy now. I still like the theme so that’s what I’ll start with… at the very least to humor myself.

Or could restart from 0 again ahah
And idk, having a kind of story made by the ppl who enter and each contest theme has to be the logical following to the story or something?

Interesting idea - like a collaborative story where the previous “winner” (or otherwise chosen person) sets the base for the next ‘scene’.

Something like that, could be fun if we manage to get some participants :slight_smile:
but ti’s just an idea, up to you, may be more difficult to set

:smirk: You’ve got my interest. I could use some practice and inspiration to help me improve.

So, keep or, or restart? ^^

I think a restart might generate more interest. I think.

Okay i’ll make a post this evening about it, and i’ll do some sharing to try to gather external people too and spread the word of gametabs :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Awesome :smiley: